A sound kip does demand a clean and nice bed as well. Of course, you do not want bugs to accompany you while you expect a nap! However, bugs manage their presence in beds otherwise. Thankfully, there are best vacuums available for bed bugs to make sure to keep them off. Although, there is a vast variety of vacuums especially for bed bugs at the market but finding the right one for you might be a task.
So, if you want to get rid of those annoying bugs and pests we have included the most sought after best vacuums to cater to that. In addition to that, you will know the buying guide, common concerns, and a lot more regarding the aforementioned topic. Below, you will get to know the insights, working, specification, and more about the best vacuum for bed bugs. So, let’s find out which one suits your requirements. Keep reading!
Can you get rid of bed bugs by vacuuming?
Whenever you have an encounter with bed bugs and mites, the very first thought is can you get rid of bed bugs by vacuuming? To be honest, you cannot remove 100% bugs just by vacuuming. The apparent reason is that you might have fissures and breaks in your bed that eventually become the reason for bug home. A vacuum cleaner may not be able to draw all the eggs and minute size bugs out because bugs can cling to the fabric tightly to save themselves from the anticipated danger. However, if you have good suction in a vacuum it can help you in the cleaning process. Using sprays and other means further assist you. It is very important to treat the breakings and cracks of your furniture. Because, the fissure and cracks ultimately become the favorite place for not only bugs but for other reptiles as well. By simply paying heed to the furniture maintenance and concealing the cracks, you can avoid the swarm of rodents for sure.
Can you use a shop vac for bed bugs?
To use a vacuum cleaner for bed bugs is all dependent on your personal choice. While many say it is not 100% effective, yet it manages to draw a considerable amount of bugs out. The thing is that bugs and little rodents can survive in harsh conditions and cling to fabric quite tightly. Therefore using only a vacuum for bugs will not be able to give you desired results.
On the other hand, if you have good attachment accessories, nozzles, etc the encounter of beating the bug turns out well. And when we see the bed bug, vacuuming is the easiest and quick way to solve the problem. That’s why more people opt for a vacuum.
|Atrix- VACBP1 HEPA|
Our List Of Best Vacuums For Bed Bugs
1. Atrix- VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum For Bed Bugs
The Atrix VACBP1 vacuum for bed bugs is the first one to take its place on our list. When it comes to removing bugs, moths, and all of those little unwanted bed pests Atrix is the best choice. This vacuum comes with a backpack for ergonomic use. With the dimension of 12’’ x 9’’x 20’’ inches you can consider it for your bed and room furniture. This dimension lets you move this Atrix vacuum like a pro. The HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) technology is what we can say is most anticipated in vacuums for better picking up of precise bugs.
The powerful suction of this vacuum allows you to have a deep clean. Furthermore, the 12-pounds of weight doesn’t feel heavy on carrying. This bed bug vacuum is operational under 120 volts and 112 watts to ensure the ace suction of minute bugs.
For even more concise vacuuming, Atrix VACBP1 vacuum for bed bugs comes with a range of different accessories such as a backpack, different size of blower nozzles, 6 feet hose, etc. so now you can use it to get your desired results. Moreover, the one year of warranty period assures you of the best output and amazing result without losing its quality. All in all, this Atrix VACBP1 vacuum would be an ideal choice for your interior and bedding.
- Ergonomic built for comfort handling
- Lightweight to carry and move in diverse directions
- One year warranty
- Accessories for diverse cleaning
- Cheap plastic covering which may not last
- Attachment accessories may not be up-to-the-mark
2. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Corded Canister Vacuum Cleaner For Bed Bugs
Eureka is the name for trust and quality since its establishment. The diverse range in accessories and user-friendly contour of this Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G vacuum cleaner let you use it for every place. If we especially talk about the bed and interior of your home you can consider this Eureka vacuum for the best clean up session for your bed.
Talking about its specification, the Eureka vacuum has been designed with 2.5 liters of its dust cup to gather maximum amounts of clutter and unwanted mites. The instant cleaning along with the auto blower port is a commendable feature. This vacuum has fingertip control so that you can have a firm grip and controlled cleaning for hard-to-reach areas. The ace and robust performance is its significant feature.
The power-touch carry handle is convenient to operate and hold. The dimension is ever so ergonomic with 9 ‘’x 17’’x 11.63’’ inches while it weighs around 11.6 pounds. You can take its hose to the precise seams and tight areas of your bed by the virtue of its 20 feet wire. Besides, the ultra- suction is what you can always rely upon. So, if you are fed up with the surprise presence of bed bugs, look no further than Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G Vacuum Cleaner for your room.
- 12 amp of motor
- 20 feet brawny cord
- Easy to maneuver and carry
- Lightweight on hands
- Has no spinner brush
- Cheaply made vulnerable points
3. AHSC-1 Atrix Lil Red Canister Vacuum For Bed Bugs
When you are searching high and low for a vacuum cleaner to keep those vexatious bed bugs at bay AHSC-1 Lil Red by Atrix brand will prove to be a wise choice. The red color cast an energetic impact. This vacuum features 3 modes of filtration with HEPA bags, the bag is 1, 2-quart which is for one-use. Besides, the pre-motor and exhaust filter allows you to wash and use again for the next clean.
If you are one of those who never neglect the detail while cleaning, this vacuum has a flexible retractable 16 feet of cord. This way you can vacuum your bed and room thoroughly. The motor has been engineered with variable speed limits so that you can adjust the speed as per your preference. It’s most powerful suction can draw the stubborn and minute sized dirt and dust mites, pests, bugs and the entire muddle of clutter, instantly.
This AHCS-1 Atrix Lil vacuum has a dimension of 13.5 ‘’x 10’’x 8’’ inches. The weight is pretty much ergonomic and user-friendly with 6 pounds. This vacuum consumes 120 Volts and 1200 Watt of electricity. It runs smoothly on carpets, sofa, beds, and sheets. This vacuum cleaner has amazing features in it like the telescoping extension wand with the 17 different setting for height.
- Lightweight and quiet ergonomic
- Maximum suction at every level
- Pick up the clutter, bugs, pollen, dust, etc instantly
- Offers you accessories for comfortable through cleaning
- 16 feet flexible long cord for taking it and moving it elsewhere
- The handle may feel a bit poor
- After a couple of suction, the power reduces to draw little things perfectly
4. BISSELL Zing Lightweight, Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner For Bed Bugs
This BISSELL Zing is the fourth vacuum cleaner in the list is quite unique. First, the purple banged hue makes it stand out among others. Secondly, the counter is most likely to be used by anyone. The user-friendly handling is what makes this machine preferable for household use. It has a 6 feet long hose to clear up all the tight and narrow space.
The dirt cup features 2.5 liters of capacity to store junk within. Due to its small and compact built, you can move this vacuum quite easily and swiftly. After cleaning winding up the wire is quite a laborious task. But not with the BISSELL Zing vacuum anymore. The auto-cord rewind feature is best when you want to save time. If you choose a hefty and heavy vacuum for cleaning, chances are there you end up making yourself tired.
Moreover, a heavy vacuum restricts you to take it to a narrow space of bed and sofa, etc. But this BISSELL Zing offers you a comfortable grip. With its 7.5 pounds of weight and 15.6’’ x 11 x 9’’ inches dimension, you can consider it to keep the bed bugs away from you.
- Comes with a dusting brush
- 2.5 liters of the dirt cup
- Crevice Tool for tight spaces
- Auto-cord rewind
- The bust bag can be empty in no time
- Washable filter for reuse
- The filters don’t stay at the place
- The head of the hose may come off
5. Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum For Bed Bugs
Certainly, a vacuum cleaner is one of the most essential household appliances. However, if you are particularly looking for a vacuum to draw the bed bugs off, the Hoover Commercial C2401 vacuum cleaner would be suitable for you. The ace suction is in blend with the lightweight design. With 10 pounds of weight, you can carry it without a second thought. The outlook has black and orange colors which are a powerful combination itself.
The Hoover vacuum offers you the shoulder backpack. The dirt and unwanted clutter accumulate in its canister quite quickly. The powerful take out can draw dirt from the narrowest spaces and seam and the canister is enough to store that in it so that you can empty it later. Hoover vacuum falls in the category of 9.2 pounds and the dimension n is 3.25 x 13.25 x 30 inches.
If you have a look at its features Hoover vacuum offers you 48-feet wire along with 3 changeable positions. It works best on 120 volts. The electric wire has been made with quality material to ensure safety. Furthermore, the accessories with this vacuum make your cleaning easier. You get additional tools like a crevice tool, 11’ turbo floor tool, 2’’ dusting brushes along with 4 upholstery tools. These accessories aid you to have a perfect clean. The suction is good, so if you are looking for a vacuum with detailed cleaning opt for Hoover Commercial C2401 vacuum cleaner for bed bugs.
- Long wire with 48-feet
- Very much easy to handle
- Extremely powerful suction for atom-sized dirt and mites
- Comes with different accessories to assist in cleaning
- Hoover vacuum has a shoulder backpack for comfort clean
- The angle of the hose is not suitable for many furniture
- The gasket often comes off while vacuuming
6. VonHaus 2 in 1 Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner For Bed Bugs
If you do not find a peaceful sleep due to the bed bugs you need to replace your old vacuum with a powerful new one. VonHaus is a grey colored vacuum that consumes 600 watts to output the best results. It has 1.3 liters of its dirt container. This vacuum can lock the smallest particle of dirt which helps to maintain a clean environment in your home.
The HEPA filter, Crevice Tool, Upholstery Brush, hose and telescoping handle assist you more while you are doing a deep clean. With the dimension of 17.7’’ x 7.1’’ x 7.1’’ inches and 5.49 pounds of weight, you can say it is an ergonomic vacuum. You can easily take this vacuum far and clean with its hose as the 19.5 feet of the cord makes your work easier than before.
All in all, you can count on the suction power and material usage. The buttons are sleek and smooth to push, while you are operating this device, the silent working does not disturb others around you. The attachments of this vacuum cleaner such as hose adaptor, brushes, shoulder strap, crevice tool, etc make your vacuum cleaning very easy and instant. The suction of this vacuum will make sure you don’t find any bugs.
- Fast suction means quick removing of bugs and dirt mites
- The 19.5 feet of cord permit the user for easily mobility
- Lightweight and ergonomic style trendy
- Handle is expandable
- Not really good in picking up of plastic shards
- The handle is quite short causing difficulty for comfort holding
Things To Consider Before Buying A Bed Bugs Vacuum
Undoubtedly, bed bugs hamper peaceful sleep and cause health issues as well. You cannot maintain hygiene while the bug is resting on your bed! So, while there are plenty of factors to buy a perfect vacuum cleaner, especially for bed bugs, some of the core insights have been discussed below.
You will get to know some surprising information which surely helps you while you are in the vacuum market. Let’s have a look at these points.
No second thoughts on Power suction
The vacuum you are buying should have powerful suction. For sure, to have to deal with the eggs, bugs, dirt mites, etc which are so small which only a powerful suction can handle.
Filters should have HEPA
The more power it draws the bugs the more you will have a hygienic environment. Besides that, look for the HEPA filters in the vacuum cleaner to ensure the ideal output.
Go for ergonomic and compact vacuum
When you want to clean up your bed, the vacuum should be handy, ergonomic, and capable of collecting enough junk in its dirt cup. In short, before buying a bed bug vacuum cleaner, look keenly to its size, contour, and how much it ranges it offers you, to get the most out of it.
Noise cancellation in vacuum is a must-have
The noise in vacuums is very annoying, especially when you are planning a complete cleaning of your room. Before buying, check its noise. There are some ace vacuum cleaners that work in silent operation and offer you 47 dB of the noise level. Considering the noise factor while buying a vacuum will keep your clearing smooth without grabbing anyone’s attention.
Attachment accessories aids you manifold
Last but not least, the attachment accessories like the hose, nozzles, brushes, and others should be up-to-the-mark. Make sure your vacuum cleaner easily passes in hard-to-reach areas so that the bugs don’t find any place to hide anymore. Moreover, the cord should be enough to move the vacuum anywhere easily.
What kills bed bugs instantly?
- Killing the smallest bugs is not less than an annoying task. You have to have a bird’s eye to see the result. You do not want any of the mites to get scot-free. When it comes to killing and getting rid of bed bugs diluted rubbing alcohol is the best solution that many of us count on. Alcohol is an excellent remedy that you can use to remove begs. Besides, the instant evaporation of rubbing alcohol allows you to use your mattress for sleeping comfortably.
- Using sprays and other detergents is another accepted way to kill the bed bugs. The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has suggested more than 300 chemicals including pyrethrins, pyrethroids desiccants, biochemical, and more.
- If you want to kill bed bugs without spending much of your money and keep it under your budget, essential oils could be another aromatic way to be used. There are different fragrances available in the essential oil such as peppermint oil, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, thyme oil, tea tree oil cinnamon oil, lemongrass oil, and last but not least the clove oil. The best part of using these oils is that it not only kills the bug but also rappels other mires and pests as well. The fragrance is a plus point! This is an organic method to beat the bug.
- And above all, washing and cleaning your mattress and bed sheets altogether is a sure way to keep up the cleanliness for which bugs can’t prefer it as home anymore!
- Also if you have the infestation of bugs think about changing the mattress cover. The bug-proof mattress casing available in the market is worthwhile to purchase for that matter.
- Talking about saving money, there are other household tips you can always opt for. The acetone also used for removing stains and nail polish acts well for bug killing. No sooner it contacts the bug you will see its lifetime becoming short. However, upon dying you have to vacuum the dead bug as it won’t vanish automatically!
So by now, you surely got an idea about the ins and outs for buying the best vacuum for bed bugs. As far as the suction is concerned you should never compromise in its suction.
The moment you bought the right vacuum in your house bugs will go out of your house, probably from your life too. Carefully go through the features of the vacuum and select the one which meets your entire requirements. And finally, you will be able to have a peaceful sleep.
Enjoyed this? Read our guide on Best Vacuums For Under Beds